Business and Commercial disputes can not only interrupt your normal everyday business activities, but they can also become costly in the courtroom. Having an effective business litigation attorney means working with someone who has courtroom Business and Commercial Litigation experience and who can help prevent and resolve disputes before they turn into costly litigation.
Our California business litigation attorneys have decades of experience helping a variety of businesses – small and large – resolve disputes and minimize risk in litigation. We are committed to protecting your future business interests, and we practice in both California state and federal courts.
Areas of Practice
Our Business and Commercial Litigation attorneys assist clients in the following areas:
- Business disputes
- Business formation
- Bad faith litigation
- Class actions
- Antitrust regulations and litigation
- Non-compete clauses
- Breach of warranty
- Mechanics’ liens
- Breach of contract
- Fiduciary duty
- Dissolution or breakup of a business
- Unfair competition and deceptive business practices claims
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Non-disclosure claims
- Real estate disputes
- Tortious interference with business contracts
- Business torts
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Insurance disputes
- Trade secrets, nondisclosure, patent infringement, and intellectual property disputes
- Defamation, false advertising claims, and trade libel
- Employment litigation
- Product liability
- Banking claims
- Lender liability claims
- Property and probate disputes
- Complex civil litigation
- Unjust enrichment claims
Some of our work has included:
- Defending national institutions and lenders in class action lawsuits
- Defending facilities and businesses such as hospitals and law firms sued for breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, negligence, and fraud
- Representing domestic and international businesses, including industries, manufacturers, and more
- Defending clients in federal court against allegations of federal securities laws and fraud
- Handling cross-claims, counterclaims, and third party practice
- Any and all disputes and legal issues involving clients, customers, employees, government agencies, service providers, vendors, and others
When it comes to selecting the right attorney, you want to make sure that you work with someone who gets it right from the outset, values your time, is prepared on all of the relevant issues, takes all of the worries away when it comes to your legal concerns. Our trial experience speaks for itself, and we pride ourselves on our skills involving negotiated resolution and litigation prevention, as well as our ability to thoroughly understand and embrace our clients’ industry knowledge.
Contact Our California Business Litigation Attorneys Today to Find Out More
Our attorneys have a reputation for consistently delivering results when it comes to client services. We pride ourselves on helping clients explore all possibilities and figure out the most complex of disputes. Contact us for a free consultation today to find out more about our services—we serve clients throughout the state of California.
Commercial litigation encompasses disputes arising out of business and commercial relationships, including antitrust law, contract breaches, and partnership disputes. These cases are often complex and require specialized legal knowledge.
One proactive approach is through precise contractual agreements that outline terms, conditions, and dispute resolution mechanisms. Additionally, maintaining compliance with regulations and standards is crucial. Legal counsel should be consulted for preventive measures.
Intellectual property litigation involves legal disputes over patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secrets. These can be among the most complex types of commercial litigation and often require expertise in both law and the relevant industry.
Punitive damages are additional monetary amounts awarded to punish the defendant for particularly egregious behavior. These are above and beyond compensatory damages that cover actual losses suffered.
While both are subsets of civil litigation, commercial litigation is focused specifically on disputes between businesses or related to business activities. These cases often involve complex, specialized laws and high financial stakes.
Note: This FAQ is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Always consult with a qualified attorney for your specific legal needs.